We believe that every child deserves a trained coach!
To be recognized as a certified coach under NSYLA and MBYLL
1. A coach must take and pass the USLacrosse level 1 on-line course ONCE. (Free with your USLacrosse membership)
2. A coach must submit to a CORI check EVERY YEAR. (This is conducted as part of our coaching registration process)
3. A coach must take and pass the USL Proper Contact Course ONCE. (Free with your USLacrosse membership)
4. A coach must take the Concussion Awareness on-line class ONCE. (Free on-line)
5. A coach must take and pass one of the Positive Coaching Alliance classes ONCE. (Free when registered for an MBYLL Clinic)
6. A coach must attend a MBYLL sponsored level 1 certification clinic in their FIRST YEAR and attend any level class EVERY TWO YEARS. (Fees vary: MBYLL/USL and Trilogy Lacrosse)
Please keep copies of your certificates and submit them to our board member responsible for coaching certifications.
MBYLL sponsored clinics can be found here. You will need your current USL number and that starts with proper registration with NSYLA.
The USLacrosse on-line courses can be accessed at this link. You will need your current USL number.
USLacrosse On-Line Courses
The Positive Coaching Alliance on-line courses can be accessed at this link. You will need an access code receivded when registered for an MBYLL clinic.
PCA On-Line Courses
The concussion awareness on-line course can be accessed at this link.
Concussion in Sports